If you know me, you know that I take a while to come up with my resolutions. There are a few reasons for this. First, I have a lot of them. Part of this is so I can track them and actually follow-up – checking things off of the list every once in a while, while waiting on the “big ones”. Second, I have actually become pretty good at actually following through with my resolutions.
- Volunteer 100 hours (hopefully some w/ the kiddo)
- Try 10 new fruits
- Bake 10 new recipes
- Blog more regularly. This will happen and in the next month I should have more focus to the blog and moving in that direction.
- Read 6 books: This may not sound like much to you, but last year I joined a book club to make sure I would read and I thought I’d read all 12 books. I read 4 books. I still have the same book club and have upped my number, but I am a realist. So far, one down; the Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks.
Under the “Healthy Resolution” category, I have…
Along the lines of the Lazy man, I am going to take a year to…
- Walk/Run 100 miles (including actually running the 4 miler)
- Bike 200 miles
- Swim 20 hours
- Losing weight (my resolution nemesis)
When I was writing my Christmas letter last year, I realized that I didn’t do much that really rated telling people about in the Christmas letter. This category is dedicated to having something good to write about “Card worthy”. To do this, I resolve to take 12 trips to do something exciting and fun. Even just something new – as long as it is “card worthy”. If one trip encompasses many things, it will only count as one. This will force me (I hope) to actually get out there and live life. Some things I have in mind for this are…
- Going to West VA Gorge and explore the place I’ve been thinking about for 5 or 6 years
- Ski black diamond (life list item)
- Beach trip in which we rent a house. While there, I want to take surfing lessons (life list item)
What goals do you have for this year?