OK – hate might be too strong of a word.
I definitely don’t like it. Here are a few pros and cons about summer.
We will start with the con list since it is easier:
- This year has been particularly hard because I have no AC in my office and we have had record high temperatures over and over and over again.
- I signed up to do a fund-raising run for breast cancer research (you can donate some money… hint hint hint. Look for my name (Francis Duncan) when you are posting that huge donation). I run for breast cancer research, but am miserable in the heat… this is what I do to save the tatas.
- When I get overheated (which happens easily), I get physically sick. My head pounds for hours, I feel queezy and am generally miserable.
- Thunderstorms. I like rain – your standard rainy day is good. Thunderstorms taking out the power and knocking down trees is not so fun.
There are some redeeming qualities about summer:
- Swimming! (although I can go swimming at the indoor pool at the gym all year long)
- Beach! (although I don’t go often because of the heat. And I just want to walk on the edge of the water and listen to the waves… which can be done nearly year round. Less crowded too.)
- Summer concerts (although they don’t come here often and I don’t have the money nor the desire to travel to the DC area for a concert)
- Fire flies – this is still awesome
- Sitting on the front porch (although it is still better when it is cooler)
So fireflies and more convenient swimming (although more work in the end) are the only current reasons to not ban summer all together. I wonder who I can talk to about that, I can live w/ out fireflies.
What do you think about summer?