Every state has some unusual laws on the books. Many unusual laws are left over from times long gone that may have made sense then but don’t know. There are several in this article that don’t make any sense at all.
Here are a few of my favorites. As it turns out, all of my favorites involve animals.
23. In Fairbanks, Alaska, it’s illegal to give a moose alcohol and it’s also illegal for moose to have sex on city streets. (I am curious how much of a problem this was prior to the law)
10. Beavers in Michigan could be fined up to $10,000 per day for building unlicensed dams, according to letters that the state once sent certain beavers in Grand Rapids. (I think this falls under the “good luck w/ that” category)
7. Chicago forbids fishing while sitting on a giraffe’s neck. (Was this ever a big problem in the windy city?)
4. No one may cross Minnesota state lines with a duck on top of their head. (Of course! What would the neighbors think?!)
1. If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter in Florida, the parking fee must be paid just as if a car had parked there. (It is only fair)
What are some laws that you know of that don’t really make sense?