I have been pretty good about keeping up with my life list – when I need inspiration, I review it. When I find something cool, I add to it. However, in the past year, I have not checked anything off the list.
Don’t worry. I’ve already given myself a pass because of all the great excuses I came up with. (There were some really good ones, trust me.)
Even though I’ve had a pass for so long, it is high time to get back on that band wagon. Since many of the reasons the “official life list” is on hold are still valid, I have decided to do mini list of things to do. These will be easier to attain (therefore more likely to be done), but still very worthy of the term “goal”.
- Complete a lazy-man: I am giving myself until the end of 2011 – maybe this is the super lazy man?
- Run or walk a full marathon: 26.2 miles
- Bike 112 miles
- Swim 2.4 miles (I will have to really guess on the swimming since I am no longer a member of a gym and my pool is less than exact in its measurements.)
- Volunteer for 200 hours in a year (counting all the time I’ve done so far which is 122 hours)
- Try something new every week until the end of the year.
- Make an entire week’s dinner in a day (and actually eat the dinners)
- Bake 10 new recipes (I only did 10 because there are only 17 weeks left in the year)
- Reduce my wardrobe to ½ its current size (Yes, finally get rid of the clothes I swear I will wear, but never do.)
That is it for now. What do you have on your list that you can complete before the end of 2011?