– how to cut baby fingernails. I thought I knew before, but after cutting the Bean’s fingernails too close and cutting her (making her cry and then myself, out of guilt), I have learned to cut fingernails when the Bean is sleeping and not wiggling.
– Even a baby will smash her face with toys. Last night she smashed her face w/ her favorite toy, causing a little blood.
– Poop can get some distance. Even when blocked by a diaper.
– It is illegal to exterminate honey bees in the state of Virginia. (you can call someone to come get them, I will call them ‘honey bee ranchers’. I have a honey been rancher coming on Monday.)
– There is honey inside the house. (small amount on exterior wall)
– One can grow weary of moving books from one side of the house to the other, only to do it all again. Not just a few books, but hundreds, maybe thousands. Soon they will be gone.
– Clutter will drive you insane, given enough time.
– I learned why it is called the “Dr. Suess house”. Here are several links to “sources” for the rumor.
Alas — someone who did some actual research. Maybe the “non-Jeffersonian” pit bulls are a bit much.
I kind of want to make a huge Grinch out of lights at Christmas.
This is why I call the house “Mount Crumpit” – since that is where the Grinch lived.
– You can go to the gym as a parent. It just has to be your own priority… and there are so many good reasons not to go. Like “I have to eat this brownie”
– It is not illegal (contrary to what the guy who signed me up for the gym says) to charge the same price for membership for the rest of time (i.e., if I sign up for $10 per month, then the rates go up, my rates don’t change unless I cancel and restart).
– It is a bad idea to host two different sets of guests at once. One set with many people is still fine.
– You do need AC when the temperature reaches 90 degrees. Just opening the windows does not stop it from being hot.
– There is more to learn than I anticipated, and these “What I’ve learned” entries will not stop any time soon.